WHAT DOVER OFFERS:
Dover is the Capital of Delaware, the First State of the United States of America. Established in 1683, the local architecture continues to reflect the rich colonial history of the area.
With a population of approximately 40,000, Dover is the County Seat for Kent County, Delaware. The State of Delaware government, Kent County government and Dover Air Force Base are the three largest employers in the area. In Kent County, surrounding the city of Dover, agriculture is a thriving business and way-of-life.
Surrounded by wetlands, bays and beaches - the greater-Dover area offers a wide variety of outdoor activities that include boating, fishing (salt water & fresh water), duck hunting, goose hunting, deer hunting, wild turkey hunting, birding, cycling and golf.
DART First State provides local bus service throughout Dover and Kent County. Most of the properties managed by Colonial Investment & Management Company are located on, or within walking distance to, this bus line.
Dover Mall is the main shopping mall in the area with many other locally-owned, as well as national chains, providing a wide range of shopping choices. Plus, it is a 45-minute drive to the Tanger Outlets in Rehoboth Beach. Remember . . . . there is no sales tax in Delaware!
There is much to see and do in the Dover area including:
- Delaware Legislative Hall
- Old State House, built in 1791
- Christ Church, built in 1734
- John Dickinson Plantation
- Biggs Museum of American Art
- Air Mobility Command Museum, DAFB
- Bally's Dover Casino Resort
- Dover Motor Speedway - Home for an ARCA Menards Series, NASCAR Xfinity Series and NASCAR Cup Series race every Spring
- Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge
- Amish Countryside
Nearby Places to See and Enjoy:
- Mere minutes to the Delaware Bay.
- Less than an hour drive to Chesapeake Bay.
- Less than an hour drive to Cape Henlopen State Park.
- Less than an hour drive to Atlantic Ocean Beaches.
- Less than an hour drive to Winterthur Historic Estate, Museum, Garden & Library.
- Less than half an hour drive to Delaware State Fairgrounds - Home of the Annual Delaware State Fair, Harrington Raceway & Casino, Centre Ice Rink and Quillen Horse Arena.
- Less than half an hour drive to Killens Pond State Park & Water Park.
- Less than an hour drive to Daniel S. Frawley Stadium, Home of the Wilmington Blue Rocks, Minor League Baseball team.
- Less than an hour drive to Delaware's numerous locally-owned Micro-breweries, Wineries & Distilleries.
- Close to Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.'s international airports, museums, theaters, arenas, and major professional sports teams.
Local Government - Dover, Delaware
Colonial Investment & Management Company, Inc. wants your search for apartments in Dover, Delaware to be as smooth as possible. Please find below a collection of Dover's local government phone numbers to ease your transition. If there are other Dover numbers you're interested in, please contact us and let us know what would be helpful to add to our site!
Any emergency situation - call 911
Fire Calls (Non-Emergency) 302-736-7168
Police (Non-Emergency) 302-736-7111
City Clerk 302-736-7008
City Fire Marshall 302-736-4457
Mayor's Office 302-736-7004
Dover Air Force Base 302-677-3000
City Library 302-736-7030
Kent County Levy Court 302-744-2305